Placing copper spacers on electronic components
Flexible production system, by Infotech.
Many sectors require (electronic) power modules, especially for power plants and the manufacturing of locomotives and electric cars. In the production process of these power modules, copper spacers are used as thermal conductors to evacuate the heat of the electronic components.
Electronic industry & Semiconductors
Pick and Place
- Ensure heat transfer between the components and the cooler by placing spacers of different sizes and thickness on the electronic components.
- Minimize the series changeover time to enable the production of different power modules on the same production line.
- Position a spacer on a component every 2 seconds.
- Feed the spacers in concurrent operation time to ensure the continuous movement of the robot.
- Infotech has developed an assembly machine for power modules using their own Cartesian IP 620 robot and three Asycube 80 from Asyril.
- To guarantee the cycle time, six assembly heads are used to grip the spacers who are separated by the three Asycube.
- A control camera enables to position the spacers on the components with precision.
- The use of standardized products, such as the Asycube, allows Infotech to offer their automotive clients the flexibility of a custom-fit machine at the cost of a standard one.
Infotech AG is a Swiss company that develops assembly machines for the electronic, semiconductor, watch assembly, micro-mechanic, photonic, biotechnology and pharma sectors.