Assembly of Fiber Optic Connectors
A flexible and collaborative production system, by Radiall
Electronic industry & Semiconductors
- The full range of Radiall optic connectors not only includes standard
products, but also several customized items. For this reason, Radiall
continually strives for greater flexibility in their automated assembly
processes, thus allowing their operators to focus on tasks with greater
- Designed for demanding applications for which reliability and high
performance are indispensable, it is imperative that Radiall fiber optic
connectors are not damaged during the assembly process.
- Radiall has developed an internal production system, that is both flexible and collaborative, to facilitate the automated assembly of their fiber optic connectors.
- The system is composed of two Asyril Asycube 80 (supplying the ferrule and the ferrule holder respectively).
- A collaborative YuMi® ABB robot picks up the two components and places them under a press for assembly.
- Feeding of delicate parts (no damage)
- Simple and quick production changeover
- Optimized integration and programming times
- Improved productivity
"The constraints inherent in our markets and the expectations of our clients mean we have to be a lot more flexible and responsible. This project illustrates this trend perfectly by integrating highly innovative component feeding systems, combined with a collaborative robot`
Eric Milhet, head of technological development, Radiall